Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Reporters Lick My Taint

You have the freedom of the press in this country, but I think many in the press aren't taking their responsibility seriously.


Fogelmatrix2: Electric Boogaloo hit the nail on the head as to what is wrong with having too many press outlets in this country(read his full comments here).


We all saw it as children (and some of us as adults). The sacred nature of an item or ideal becomes watered down as it becomes more commonplace. I was an only child and had every Transformer imaginable. I abused the shit out of them. My friend who had to share his with his sister and whose parents weren't as well off, cherished his Optimous Prime like it was the Holy Grail.


So it is now with news. There's too much of it, with each channel vying for a piece of the same pie. As a result news has become more sensationalized.

Is the world really worse than it was twenty years ago or do we now have more television channels telling us it is worse?
And I don’t believe it began with 9/11. I think it happened the day CNN aired. A 24 hours news channel. Is there enough news in the world to fill 24 hours in a day? I’m sure there is globally. Do we as Americans really give a shit unless if affects us directly? Nope! So how do you fill up an entire day of programming?

You have to make up the news. My problem isn’t with bloggers, they never claimed to have credibility. My problem lies with legitimate news sources that don’t covet that legitimacy as a sacred trust with the public.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home