Sunday, June 26, 2005

 

Aqua Nerds - Rent

Aqua Nerds

Why the new look?

I left this AMA seminar with two thoughts. Wow, I'm doing no where near enough for the Four Nerds blog, and make nice with Blogs because they are going to take over the world.

I never realized just how many people have taken to this form of voyeuristic psychotherapy. They call blogs online journals or diaries when in fact they are the complete antithesis of a diary. Diaries are secret tomes, the contents of which are known only to the pages, the author, and occasionally a pain in the ass sibling. Blogs however are open to everyone.

Anyway, I wanted to cut my teeth on stlysheet "coding" so I paid homage to "Lucky" The Leprechaun. If we don't like the green I'm open to suggestions. Just be gentle, this was my first time.

OH! Check out the two Vlogs (shakes head, ya I know, I'm also ashamed that's a term) on this page. This lady at my mom's blog is the blogging equivelant of David Letterman's Mom. She presented at the seminar.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rent
I'm combining this post with my my House Keeping one because as is the case with circles of men, theater rarely gets prolonged air time. I'm not sure how I feel about the movie version of Rent.

I saw the production on Broadway about two months before 9/11. I remember because I commented to my wife that we should go to the top of the towers if we had time since she had never been before. Sadly, we didn't have time.

Anyway, so I saw the production, but not with the original cast. It was amazing, and the way the show is presented is almost like a dream. Fragmented bits of one year in these people's lives. And there lies my main concern.

Did they write dialogue for the film or is it going to be sans libretto (sp?) like the stage production? The stage production functions virtually without a set. How will people singing, dancing and cavorting across real NYC back drops play out?

Believe me, I want it to work. Idina Menzel, who starred in the Original production of Rent is one of my favorite singers. I had the privelage of seeing her in Wicked last year. Best show I ever saw. Also, anytime a musical succeeds on film it sparks a revival in theater for a short time.

Comments:
Sadly, I think Rent is probably going to go the way of Phantom of the Opera.
 
By the way, I like the Aqua theme. Very nice.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home