Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Lost Ambition

I spent htis week wondering where has my drive to create gone?

Personally I want to blame corporate America. Through endless rounds of minimal value-add (value-add! See, I have been labotomized by THE MAN) edits, I realize I've lost my balls when it comes to the written word.

I've finally learned the pattern for writing for a corporation. Be it a product, a service or a solution, verbiage is created once and then just repurposed through the life of the offering. If the offering (you know offering, like the virgins we used to give to Ra) has legs and lasts for a few years the message will be changed. But, then you just start the cycle of repurposing over again. Repurposing is not creating. Hopefully you have enough products going out to make repurposing enjoyable, but of you don't good luck holding on to sanity.

So, I've decided I'm going to create something. A super hero story. I'm saying fuck good, bad or indiffernet I want to create a continuing story.

No editors -- Just my own story.

I'm about half way through issue one of The Keepers

Check it out and let me know thoughts or suggestions:

http://thekeepersicomic.blogspot.com/

Comments:
I like it Cheese. Very funny.

As for creativity, I used to struggle with finding my creative voice. If I started a project and then realized that it was similar to something else, I would scrap it.

The thing to realize is, nothing is truly new. Everything is based on something that has come before. Some call it ripping off. Some call it inspiration. It's just that in a world of Honeymooners and Dukes of Hazzard movies, it's just more blatant.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home