Monday, June 06, 2005

 

Revenge of "Revenge of the Sith

I finally had the opportunity to see the final installment as to what will surely be dubbed as the unholy trinity and...I loved it.

Now this love, like any other that is close to 30 years old comes with conditions and provisions. To say I loved the movie as its own entity would be misleading. As a movie standing on its own two legs it had flaws, most of which we've already touched on. There were times during some of the Padme and Anakin scenes I did find my mind wandering off to dinner, work, and the Father with his little bastard next to me ensuring that the kid understood that Anakin will be Darth Vader, meanwhile all the little crumb snatcher wants to see is Jar Jar Binks (glad I got that off my chest). So as a movie I give it a A- (Fogle will attest to the fact that I'm notoriously easy on movies).

As far as it's place in the grand scheme of Star Wars, I couldn't have asked for a better...uhmmm...ending. I spent the last half of the film on the edge of my seat. Capt. you were dead on when you mentioned that the change seemed too fast for Anakin, but I liked the fact that the dark Lork of a 1000 galaxies becomes that way for a woman. As someone who has done one stupid action after another in his life all for the sake of "love", I could relate. Were this a long time ago in a galaxy far far far away I would have ended up a cybernetic schmuck for my High School girlfriend instead of just transferring colleges.

When Luke's adoptive parents are holding him, looking out at the same sunset that he will be looking on in twenty years, I became a little welled up. What saved me from all out bawling? 10 minutes prior during Padme's funeral when they shot to Jar Jar Binks and my Dad leaned over to me and said "There, that's the goofy fuck I hate".

It was a fitting end to an epic story. I'm truly excited to sit and watch all six in succession.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home