Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Aquaman

The other day I was talking to a coworker who was telling me all about this show on HBO called Entourage, about a young, up-and-coming movie star and his buddies. I've only seen it once or twice, and never really gave it much thought. Anyway, he was telling me that the movie star character was going to be in an Aquaman movie. His agent was pushing him into the role and after much thought, he went for it.

I thought it was hillarious. So much thought over whether or not it was a good idea to play Aquaman? Let's be honest. Aquaman is basically the Roger Clinton of the superhero world; cheesy and embarassing. Wouldn't this be a no-brainer? Come on.

Then suddenly, a thought crossed my mind. Three words flashed through my brain: Herbie: Fully Loaded. Then two more words: Fantastic Four. Then two more: The Pacifier. People make enormously bad decisions for movies all the time.

Why? Why does this happen? Why does the Sci Fi channel make movies like Mansquito? I was actually at Bloodblister Video the other night and overheard a mother and daughter discuss whether or not the Pacifier was a good movie. This was not an 8-year-old child, mind you. This girl was at least 18 or 19. Honestly, if you're that dumb at 18, you shouldn't be allowed into R-rated movies.

Now, I haven't seen The Pacifier, Fantastic Four, or the new Herbie, but I think it's safe to assume that they suck. If someone wants to rise to their defense, please do. I just needed to rant for a bit.

Comments:
Your a big DOUCHE BAG.
 
Don't respond to this dick. He has a blog that leads to some weather app which downloads a virus.

And we're the douche bags?
 
Here's what I worte on the bionic cock's blog. Yes. I plan to do this with all griefers, flamers and assholes in general.

Your weather app, downloads a Trojan virus.

Thanks for stopping by and calling us douche bags. We strive daily to emulate our writing style after varied feminine hygiene products.

Just an FYI -When calling someone a douche bag you want to use the contraction "you're".

You wrote "your a douche bag", which would imply you found one of our douche bags (sorta). Thank you for getting it, but we throw them away for a reason.

God dam you're (get it) dumb!

The FourNerds

http://fournerds.blogspot.com
 
Really, that link is for a sat loop that shows hurricane Dennis.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-vis-loop.html

I've posted it on three different fishing web sites I frequent and no one has complained about a virus. I'm being honest.
I also apologize for call you nerds douch bags. I was just looking for a reaction. ;)
 
Just went to my blog again, there is NO VIRUS connected with that link. I don't know what happened when YOU clicked on it.
Later
 
Unfortunately, Aquaman isn't the only superhero who has become a Psychology Today wuss since I used to read them in the 60s. I've just stopped reading comics altogether. I mean, what on earth is there to be torn about if you have super powers? Just smash something!
 
Bionic,
It's cool, you're allowed your opinion, as we are allowed ours. Just tell us WHY we are douche bags.It makes it much harder to refute.

Are you running a firewall? The AVG Firewall picked up a Trojan when I went to the satellite link.
 
Hey Loan,
Welcome to the Nerds.

It's refreshing to have someone who is not a product of the 80's blogging here.

From my perspective the heroes of the 60's were shall we say "a little light in the Kevlar, finned booties".

From the books I've read anything pre-Watchmen seem fairly milk toast. A band of spandexed Nancy's falling for overly contrived plots.

Now, post-watchmen the pendulum has swung too far the other direction. We're now in an age where every hero has some psychological difficulty and this foible affects their personal life and alter ego existence.

If you like the books from the 60's and want something that harkens back to that time I highly recommend the Justice Society of America. It's only up to issue 70 and the back issues are fairly cheap.

It involves the golden age heroes, in modern day society.
 
Bionic-
Thanks for the deep insight. Truly, your comments have touched me. I am a different man today, and I owe it all to you. Thank you for changing my life, and putting me on the right path. You are a prince amongst men.













Prick.
 
And there are so many other posts where we were way more obnoxious and opinionated.

He deleted my comment from his blog. I'm leaving his up though as a reminder what happens when you go off random flaming.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home