Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

Burn Baby, Burn

This:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...was what I had to contend with on my commute yesterday. I started my commute on a different highway which was about, oh, eight miles away. I looked to the west and noticed a dark cloud stretching across the horizon.

“Oh great.” I thought. “It’s going to rain today.”

As I got closer to the turnpike, however, I noticed the cloud was no longer a deep grey, but it was now a dark black. It was also boiling up from the ground. I wasn’t sure what it could be. I thought a large building fire, or maybe even a plane crash. I checked the local news radio station for answers.

This was the largest vehicle fire I’d ever seen. 9,000 gallons of gasoline was burning on the side of the road. I slowly inched my way closer and closer, and was finally able to see it.

It was so freakin’ cool. I reached into the back seat scrambling for my bag. I usually keep a digital camera in there, just in case something cool happens. But no, my groggy, sleep-deprived brain had failed to remember to bring it this morning. I was shit out of luck.

Thankfully no one was hurt in the fire. The driver climbed out and no other cars were involved. I wouldn’t have wanted to take pictures of a tragedy. That’s a little sick.

Comments:
Can I get a "Halleluja" for flex time. This thing wasn't even a blip on my radar at 6:00 (thank Zod).

The reason tragedy is so cool is becasue it doesn't happen every day.

Humans aren't ghouls, we're just easily stimulated.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home