Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Perfect Moments

Ever have one of those perfect moments? The ones where you think, "Damn, I wish I had a camera?"

It's about midnight and I just got back from the video store. After a late-night hankering for a movie, I left the store and walked out into the shopping center parking lot. The lot was deserted, save for my car in the front row, and a lone sedan sat alone in the middle of the vast lot. A few discarded shopping carts from a distant supermarket were scattered about.

As I left the store, I noticed that one of the shopping carts was moving down the slope of the lot. From what I could tell, it had just started moving on its own. There were no people, no other cars, no signs of life. It was almost as if Gravity had suddenly remembered it should be pulling the cart downhill.

As it coasted down its long path, I noticed that it seemed to be heading towards the lone sedan. I couldn't be sure, the angle I was tracking the thing wasn't that great.

Could it? No, not in this huge lot... Holy shit! I think it's gonna...

SLAM!

The cart careens right into the side of the sedan. In the pale glow of the single streetlight, I could see the fresh and enormous dent in the passenger door. It was glorious. It was like a ballet.

If only I had a camera.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home