Monday, February 13, 2006

 

And the Winner Isn't Us...

The main reason i haven't seen any of the films this year is becasue they haven't come out on DVD yet.

Mrs. Cheese and I made an unspoken pact a few years ago, if there isn't major shit blowing up, we wait for DVD. Why?

Well for $30 we could...
Buy a cheap video game offering 40 hours of entertainment.
Eat a nice lunch at the Macaroni Grill
Get a couple pedicure

What I don't want for $30 is...
To listen to your kids
To have to move so you and your brood can all sit together while the opening credits are rolling (see Narnia)
To have to sit through twenty minutes of ads cleverly disguised as entertainment (The Twenty is my worst nightmare come true)
More ads that aren't disguised as entertainment -- "Wanna Fanta?" No. Die!
THOSE FUCKING FANDANGO BROWN PAPER BAG PEOPLE -- THEY AREN'T FUNNY -- I DON'T GET IT

So let's look at the contenders

Brokeback Mountain -- The only thing erupting in this is...OK too easy. I have nothing against gay people, however cowboys offend me greatly.

Capote -- I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a brilliant actor. I think a racially charged murder trial was big news in the 1950's. I also think in 2006 if I want to see racially charged hate crimes, I'll turn on the news. yawn

Crash -- What the hell is this? Really I know so little I can't even make a snide remark

Good Night and Good Luck -- Black and white - Not Clerks - Pass

Munich -- Nope I'm saving all of my middle-east hatred for the Fireman/Save the Day/Nic Cage trying to resurect his career/Oliver Stone trying to do something meaningful before he dies/The trade towers are saved at the end/9-11 epic

Comments:
I like watching movies at home better, too.
 
My fellow geeks, this is our 100th post! Congradulations on this historic waste of time!
 
Sorry, I'm still enamored with the sepia boobies in the avatar above yours.

100 posts? Did you count them?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home