Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

Brokeback Batman

Not to put a stop to our war on Superman, but Variety announced today who the new Joker will be for the next Batman installment.

Drum roll please...

par rum rum rum rum rum rum rum rum...

Heath Ledger...

Wait did you hear the drum roll?

As an extremely amateur actor I always try to have the faith that an accomplished thespian can put themself inside any roll. I mean at the ripe age of 31 I just played a 17 year old somewhat convincingly.

When Nicholson was announced as the Joker in the original Batman back in 1989 I was elated. Even at the age of 15 I had the world wisdom to know that this was a perfect fit.

Heath Ledger though I'm just not sure. It just doesn't seem like a natural fit. Shit I would have casted Ashton Kutcher before making this call.

OK boys open the flood gates!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home